Dads and stepdads sometimes struggle to come up with activities that they can do with their daughters...especially once those daughters are teenagers.
"Quick Kicks" is my name for a list of father-daughter activity ideas that a Pop (father, dad, padre, daddio) can pull out any time. They don’t require a lot of preparation or explanation. But if you’re stumped for ideas of what to do today, this quick list can get your started!
Be sure to share you own dad-tested ideas in the comment section below.
The following suggestions are only starters. You have a lot more ideas inside you--be creative, loosen up, and most important have fun! She’ll love it, and so will you.
- Snow ski.
- Water ski.
- Talk about the future.
- Go to a concert together.
- Play checkers or chess.
- Take a long hike.
- Listen to her stories about school.
- Explore the Internet together.
- Just the two of you go to a restaurant once a month.
- Go to a Fourth of July fireworks display.
- Go to the movies together (Dad buys the popcorn).
- Shop together for clothes, sports equipment, school supplies, books, etc.
- Bake a pie (more challenging that cakes).
- Plan and take a trip together.
- Paint the house (or part of it) together.
- Listen to her music without her noticing.
From The Dads & Daughters Togetherness Guide: 54 Fun Activities to Help Build a Great Relationship by Joe Kelly. © 2007; All Rights reserved.